One of the greatest challenges of any financial institution is helping customers truly understand their finances. Many people view their financial institutions as places where they keep their checking and savings accounts, and maybe even credit cards or personal loans. But many are unaware of the breadth of financial options at their fingertips.
Print marketing can help. Using quality print graphics to inform customers of their options can provide insight into how banking and financial services can add value to their everyday lives and, more importantly, their wallets. In this blog post, we’ll discuss what that entails, as well as how financial education for your customers can also drive engagement for your business.
Your Financial Brand
People don’t treat financial institutions the same way they treat other storefronts like retailers and restaurants. They (understandably) maintain a different set of expectations for how those businesses communicate and act. However, just like any business, your bank or credit union needs to creatively showcase the unique benefits of being a customer.
More so than most other businesses, you need to demonstrate to customers that you are a reliable, trustworthy, and safe organization that will take care of not just their money, but also their way of life. Using print marketing at your financial institution is a great way to showcase your brand and your commitment to security.
Educating Through Print Marketing
While most people use checking and savings accounts, a portion of the market that doesn’t understand just how much more their money can work for them through a partnership with your financial institution. And if they don’t know about what’s possible, it’s difficult to begin a conversation around unfamiliar financial concepts.
This is where print marketing can bridge the gap between your bank or credit union and the customers. Print graphics can help shed light on information customers were not previously aware of by opening up opportunities for messaging that allow them to absorb information at their own pace. Personalized direct mail is just one great way to inform customers while engaging them. More on that later.
Opportunities for Financial Education
We’ve already mentioned that you should consider utilizing “various” print graphics, but what does that entail? There are many ways you can go about print marketing, and they all have their benefits. These include:
- Wall Graphics: From posters to banners to entire sides of a building, your walls are free real estate. That empty space can do some good by showcasing services offering on previously unengaging space.
- Window Displays: Many customers only stop by the bank via the drive-thru, so it can be more difficult for them to see your beautiful new wall graphics. However, using window displays, you can give them the same information, or even trim it down so that people on-the-go still get what they need.
- Pop & Promotional: Your print graphics partner can help you create an immersive, engaging experience at your institution through pop & promotional graphics such as standing banners. These kinds of graphics can be switched out for various promos, holidays, or events, and can even be reversible.
- Floor Graphics: You can utilize graphics that stick to the floor, both to help customers know where to go and to inform them of special offerings. Additionally, these graphics go a long way in showcasing your brand identity.
- Personalized Direct Mail: One of the best ways for a financial institution to leverage print marketing to inform customers is through direct mail. As your existing customers, there is already a wealth of demographic information to draw from. A print graphic campaign can send eye-catching, personalized graphics that make customers feel like you're speaking directly to them.
- ATM Graphics: Does your institution have an ATM on site or throughout the region? This is a great opportunity for branding and customer education. Graphics with lists of your services can be placed on the edges of your ATM, as well as graphics that explain best practices while using ATMs.
Partner with a Print Graphics Expert
The importance of print graphics as a financial institution cannot be overstated. The benefits are many; print marketing showcases your identity and your story, while informing and educating your customers. Both of these things also create engagement, leaving an impression in the minds of your customers.
Additionally, when you partner with a company like Vomela with 20 locations nationwide, your bank or credit union franchise doesn’t need to worry about waiting for each branch to get graphics. We can make sure they receive graphics at the same time, which comes in especially handy for coordinated or temporary campaigns.
If you’re ready to talk about how your financial institution could use print marketing to showcase your products and services to your customers, contact us today. We are excited to help take your graphics to the next level.