In keeping with our mission to be the industry leader providing creative, innovative, and technologically advanced graphic products for our customers, The Vomela Companies continue to transition to more sustainable packaging. The new RanPak machine in our St. Paul, MN, production facility offers an eco-friendly alternative to bubble wrap.
Ranpak material is 100% recyclable, designed to help minimize waste, and provides the same protection as other plastic-based materials, ensuring your products arrive safely at their destination.
While some states offer bubble wrap recycling programs, unfortunately Minnesota does not. Energy and resources are required to make both of these supplies, but less energy is used to make packing paper than bubble wrap, and packing paper takes less time to break down during the recycling process. In addition, we use locally sourced packaging materials to cut down on the impact of paper manufacturing and distribution.
We strive for environmental responsibility throughout the rest of our company as well. Here are some examples of our sustainability-minded initiatives:
- Switched from solvent to water-based inks to reduce VOCs.
- Re-evaluated shipping materials to cut down on waste.
- Recycle all paper, wood, plastic and cardboard waste.
- Donate unused materials like vinyl and paper to schools, giving them a second life.
- Utilize paperless communications throughout the company.
Want to learn more?